Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another underwhelming Google Launch

Another underwhelming Google Launch

At first I knew about Google starred results, see Search Engine Land post on this topic, so I did a quick check and found that I still search the wiki, in fact, as of writing this post, I still have not switched to the new system, and from what I hear, I like to hope that I get excluded from the upgrade all together.
@ Seobegincom has been keeping me informed about his first experience of watching the results for most of the morning, and it seems that Google continues this trend gives us something that we never wanted, can not turn off, and make life more difficult than it was before. While some of the issues that seem to appear the following:
Google to add things to your Google Bookmarks, based on your search history and automatic classification of
Auto bookmarking sites with your profile
In order to prevent it from tracking trends need to turn your story with the

In This raises many questions to me, especially as I have over 100 Google Bookmarks are stored, and keep them organized and findable is hard enough even in the best of times, the last thing I want is Google coming in and messing with my system.
In Second, the social search on the site, as well as noise, there is a risk that people here, I connected to see that I bookmark ... euros, there are things in my bookmarks I want the world to see.
I can not see the point in this really, I think most of us are more than capable of bookmarking site, if we really want, whether you want Google to decide what we should bookmark us? There are many benefits on this wiki search on what I see so far, although it is not checked, there is still a chance that I'll change my opinion.
However, so far, I just wonder why Google took this approach to sling mud at the wall in the last time, if it is very frustrating and confusing for those of us who all his life has everything that makes Google, I can not imagine how less savvy by Google users must be convinced of this, or they simply do not notice, and let Google with whatever they want to do with their accounts? Now there's a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.